Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 8 Answer Boards and Social Searching

I have enjoyed reading some of the weird and wonderful questions on the answer boards. Some of the answers cause me to be weary of the accuracy of the information but this is the case in any Internet open forum. I love the idea of the 'slam the boards' and from a mothers point of view appreciate the accuracy of the answers to questions my children may ask.
From a library point of view I think it's an opportunity to reach a wider audience and to encourage library participation. On the downside, I miss the opportunity to discuss the questions with the patrons; the where, how, why and when of a question. As part of the bigger picture I think that these answer boards ca be an excellent library tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment